Gnocchi is one of those gut-sticking, hearty foods that are great for fall and winter. When cooked right, they’re soft as clouds and make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. While you can serve gnocchi with a multitude of sauces and in so many different preparations, just like its cousin, pasta, this recipe utilizes our Hungry Fan Pumpkin Spice Blend. (For the record, pumpkin is great all year round, especially in the fall and winter). Enjoy and stay warm!
- Pre-made sweet potato gnocchi (plain is fine too for a milder, less “fall inspired” dish)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- 3/4 teaspoon Hungry Fan® Pumpkin Spice blend
- ½ cup cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions and set aside.
- Lightly brown the diced shallot with butter over medium heat in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add pumpkin puree and spice mix, mix and cook, continuously stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add milk and cream and stir until uniform before bringing to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 mins to thicken.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper, stir to combine.
- Add in the cooked gnocchi and serve.