Truth be told, you don’t have to be an Olympian to enjoy fried chicken…and this recipe is actually a healthier spin on the fried classic! So enjoy, everybody!
- 4 chicken pieces, bone-in
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper or chipotle spice mix (I prefer Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle)
- Salt and pepper
- Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare an oven grilling tray, like a lined baking sheet and set a grill rack on top.
- Brush some oil on the grill so the chicken doesn’t stick.
- Mix together all the seasoning in a bowl, except for paprika, and then divide the mixture in half.
- Add paprika to one half and mix this well into the chicken pieces. Set aside.
- Take the other half of the seasoning and mix with almond flour in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs (yolks and whites).
- Taking one piece at a time, dip the chicken in eggs mixture and coat in flour mixture and set on a plate.
- Let the chicken sit for 10 minutes.
- Coat each chicken pieces in the flour mixture again and set on the grilling tray.
- Drizzle melted coconut oil over all the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken pieces are browned and cooked through.