Chicken à la King is a dish that our grandmothers used to make and every family member loved it. Chicken à la Coke is a dish we make for our fellow tailgaters and the Hungry Fans love it. Made with only the finest Coca-Cola from the local supermarket, Chicken à al Coke can fuel a crowd and quench its thirst simultaneously. #miracleshappeneveryday
The Chicken à la Coke a perfect dish to serve or cook inside the Fangating™ Thermal Bag!
👉 Cordless Warmer Tray
👉 GrillHogs Grill Tongs
👉 Customize your own box at Crowd Cow and save 5% on EVERY box when you subscribe!
👉 Farm Foods Pasture-Raised Chicken Thighs (if you’re just looking for thighs)
- 5 pounds chicken thighs
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups yellow onions, chopped
- 2 cups Heinz Ketchup (we like the organic one that doesn’t have highfructose corn syrup)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Salt & pepper
- All purpose flour
- 1 quart Coca-Cola
Directions for Homegating:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the celery, onion, ketchup, chili, and some salt, to taste, in a deep baking pan. Set aside.
- Salt & pepper the chicken thighs and then fully dredge them in flour.
- Put chicken in the pan with the mixed veggies and then pour the Cola on top of everything. Mix everything around so everything is coated in Coca Cola.
- Bake for at least 1 1/2 hours, flipping the chicken a couple times during that time.
- Serve alongside extra cold Coca-Colas.
Directions for Tailgating:
- Follow steps 1-5 from the Homegating directions, except instead of using a baking pan, use a Dutch Oven.
- Place the Dutch oven atop a trivet or dish towel inside the Fangating™ bag. Seal well.
- You can store the bag with your Dutch oven inside of it in your car on your way to the tailgate. When you get there, the contents of the Dutch oven will still be warm and ready to serve!