Here’s a super easy and fun America-themed dessert: a fruit and mascarpone tart. All it is is a graham cracker crust (you can make on your own [recipe below] or buy already made [pie form works ok too]). Top with mascarpone cheese (add sugar as desired) and strawberries and blueberries. Super simple!
- 1 1/2 cups Graham Crackers, finely ground
- 1/3 cup brown or Demerara sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted (I like salted butter but you can use either salter or unsalted)
- Optional: nutmeg and cinnamon (1/2 teaspoon each)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together and press into a rectangular-shaped baking dish.
- Bake for 7–8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Then top with mascarpone cheese and fresh sliced strawberries and blueberries in the shape of Old Glory. Serve!