Happy Birthday, America!
This recipe title…Good lord, it’s a mouthful. How does it work again—placing commas between adjectives when there are several to describe one thing? In this case, the thing is cupcakes. The adjectives are bourbon, maple and pumpkin-spiced. These cupcakes are ridiculous and very, very bourbon-y (boozy). So…not for kids. Enjoy, grown-ups, year round! (Pumpkin spice does not need to be for fall only)! We’ll be enjoying this recipe at our July 4th Hungry Fan Cookout!
- 1 bag of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake Mix*
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup avocado oil (or a veggie/canola oil of your choosing)
- 1.5 cups powdered (confectioner’s) sugar
- 3 oz. unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 tbsp. bourbon
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ cup bourbon
- 4 tbsp. Hungry Fan Pumpkin Spice blend
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line your cupcake tin with liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Then add in your oil and bourbon. Whisk together well.
- Add Bob’s baking mix and the Hungry Fan pumpkin spice blend into the egg mixture, whisking together until fully combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner about ¾ full and then bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- While the cupcakes bake, make your icing. To do so, cream the butter with the sugar. Add in the bourbon and maple syrup—a little at a time—while continuing to whisk. Set aside, careful not to let the icing get too warm. (Feel free to refrigerate while your cupcakes bake and cool).
- Once the cupcakes are done baking, remove from the oven and let cool.
- Top with icing and serve!
*If you don’t want to make yours gluten-free, use a vanilla cake mix of your choosing.