If you’re anything like us, you love macaroni and cheese. Ooey gooey, cheesy, yum. It’s comfort food, it’s game day food, it’s cheat day food, and makes us feel all warm and fuzzy when we eat it. Whether winter’s got its grip firmly on the mercury or it’s warm outside, there’s really nothing like digging into a cup of cheesy mac.
This recipe comes to us from our friend, Adia Benson.
- 1 1/2 pounds shell pasta
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 1 pound sharp white cheddar, grated
- Healthy pinch nutmeg
- Sea salt & lots of pepper, to taste
- Bring large pot of water to boil and cook pasta until al dente.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- While the pasta cooks, melt the butter in a medium pot.
- Then add in the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes and then add in the milk.
- Cook until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add in grated cheeses and whisk well.
- Then add in nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Pour shells into pot, mix well into the cheese mixture, and then serve in ramekins or even mugs.