- 6 oz ground beef patty
- 2 strips of bacon cooked ’til slightly crispy
- 2 slices of American or cheddar cheese
- 1 glazed donut sliced in half
- Salt and pepper to taste
To help melt the cheese, you can always take a pot turned upside down (or a proper cheese melting dome) and place it atop the burger, bacon and cheese pile. (This will help keep in the hot air to melt the cheese faster). You can also just close the BBQ lid!
- Grill the burger until just before desired doneness
- Top with the cooked bacon and then the add cheese. (Season as desired).
- Leave on the grill until the cheese has melted.
- To serve, place the burger, bacon and cheese in-between the halved donut.