Who doesn’t love a good cheesesteak sandwich? They’re flat out the yummiest thing since chocolate. That said, they can get up their in caloric value. Let’s take that down a bit and up the ante on the quality of the ingredients. Now you’re cookin’!
- 1 pound Grass-Fed Rib Eye (Small End, Lean Only, Trimmed to 0” Fat, Choice Grade),
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 8 slices of cheese**
- 4 French Meadow Bakery Gluten-Free Italian Rolls (or something similar)
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tsp. handmade garlic aioli (recipe below)
👉Peppers, mushrooms, or any other
vegetable choice can be added atop the sandwich as well.
* While we like to make this recipe with rib eye, you can use any other cut of steak you prefer, such as filet mignon.
** We like to use provolone or a white cheddar but use what you prefer.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, blended to a paste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yolks with the lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and garlic paste.
- Add in a drop of olive oil and whisk.
- Continue to add in a little olive oil at a time (i.e. 1 tsp) while whisking until you reach a desired aioli consistency.
- COMBINE meat and Worcestershire sauce in a Ziploc bag and shake bag so sauce coats the meat.
- SPREAD your garlic aioli evenly on the insides of the roll.
- SAUTE onions and all other vegetables until caramelized. You can either grill or sauté the steak until it’s cooked to your liking (I prefer medium rare).
- PLACE the cheese over the meat until slightly melted.
- PLACE the roll over the cheese and meat and scoop into the sandwich.
- TOP sandwich with sautéed vegetables and serve.