While these aren’t traditional (more Mexican-style) nachos, they’re rib-sticking, mouthwatering fun for your tastebuds. Good for your game day celebration, your Cinco de Mayo celebration, or even just a Tuesday, this dish is celebration on a platter. 😉
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons organic canola oil
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1 cup of mature cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 large tomato, diced
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 tablespoons of pitted pimento olives, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup of spinach and artichoke dip (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Shred the chicken. Spritz some lemon juice on it. Also sprinkle salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the organic canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the crushed garlic and green onions. Toss in the chicken and combine. Add the salsa!
- Grab a baking sheet. Lay down tortilla chips evenly. Add the chicken nacho mix on each chip individually (you’ll get bonus points for presentation) or pile it on top of a bed of chips, bar style. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese. The mature cheese will pack in lots of flavor.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let sit for a few minutes. Add the spinach and artichoke dip on top with cilantro for tasty goodness.
- Enjoy and watch the game.