- 1 pound thick cut bacon
- 4 jalapeños
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced into 1/4” – 1/2” rounds
- 1 head Boston lettuce (or crispy lettuce), pulled into individual lettuce pieces
- 1 endive
- 1/4 pound olives (we like a pitted mix)
- 1/4 pound of pickles
- Optional: prosciutto or braesaola, sliced
- 1 bottle mayo
- 1 loaf of white bread (or whole wheat for the health conscious)
Unless you’re wrapping hot dogs, we prefer to always buy thick cut bacon. The signature texture, crunch, chew and smokieness of bacon is best conveyed in a thick cut.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roast bacon and jalapeños (whole) on a foil-lined baking sheet for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest on a paper towel-lined plate until cool.
- Line an aluminum baking tin with paper towels. Place cooked bacon, jalapeños and all other ingredients, save for the mayo and bread, in the pan in an eye-pleasing way. Cover.
- Transport to your tailgate with the bread, mayo and a plastic knife for serving & spreading.