Here’s one of our tasty treats from today… It’s so easy a kid could make it….
In fact, we had help from a very precocious 9-year-old, named Landy, who as you can see is a huge Giants fan. (Sadly the Giants couldn’t pull off a W today).
To make this pizza, we grabbed a box of Glutino’s gluten-free pizza crust and the coming-soon Hungry Fan® Buffalo Wings spice blend and got to cooking!
- 1 box Glutino gluten-free pizza crust
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small shallot, finely sliced into long strips
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 chicken breast tenderloins
- Hungry Fan® Buffalo Wings spice blend
- 1/4 cup Pomì marinara sauce
- 8-10 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4″slices
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup winter greens (or kale, spinach, etc.) finely chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To make the crust, follow the instructions on the Glutino box. Set aside, allowing to rise about 40 minutes.
- While the dough rises, sauté the shallots over low to medium-low heat in a small skillet in 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, stirring frequently. You want the shallots to caramelize slowly but not burn. Set side.
- Place chicken on a plate and generously season both sides with the HF Buffalo Wing blend (figure about 3 or more generous tablespoons).
- In a large skillet, heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the chicken and additional spice blend as necessary. Sauté about 3 minutes on both sides. Remove from heat. (Don’t worry if the chicken isn’t totally cooked. It’s still going to bake in the oven).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Once the dough has risen, spread it evenly over a pizza pan, stone, or baking sheet. (Use a little vegetable oil on your hands to spread the dough more easily so it doesn’t stick to your hands).
- Top the pizza crust with the marinara sauce, spreading evenly. Then top with the mozzarella slices (even spread), the chicken and the caramelized shallots. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove cooked pizza from the oven and top with the chives, greens, feta cheese and few sprinkles of the freshly ground black pepper. Serve and enjoy!
- Optional: serve with a small ramekin of extra marinara sauce