A lot of people aren’t super familiar with endive lettuce. And that’s cool. No worries–let this be your education. It’s somewhat of a spicy lettuce but what I love about it is that it’s great for delivering dip or sauce into my mouth. It’s naturally the perfect scooper! In this recipe, we’re using it to hold our bacon.
Want to impress your friends when you invite them over for some hoops-watchin-action? Serve this and you’ll look like a gourmet baller.
- 3 endive spears
- 1 cup Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 cup walnuts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Seperate endive spear so you have individual leaves.
- Lay bacon slices out on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or so, depending on how crispy you like your bacon. Remove from the oven and let cool. Once cool, dice bacon.
- Top each leaf with 1 tbs cream cheese. Then add a piece of cooked bacon on top, followed by a walnut, and sprinkle of salt and pepper. Serve!