Hot summer days call for cold drinks, especially ones that feature seasonal summer fruit. For about half the country (the northern half), strawberries are just hitting grocery store shelves and farmers markets in May and June. And we happen to love strawberries about as much as we love mules, so we decided to marry them in a tasty and refreshing cocktail!
The icing on the cake: We’re also featuring strawberries (and mint) in our ice cubes! That’s right. Turns out, with the right ice cube molds, you can make super spiffy custom ice cubes to accentuate your cocktails. It’s crazy easy, and we highly recommend you give it a try. These ice cubes are a real talking point and are sure to impress the lucky beneficiaries of your mixology skills! Just you wait.
- Water (enough to fill the ice cube molds)
- 2–3 fresh strawberries, thinly sliced vertically, plus another whole strawberry for garnish
- 2 leaves fresh mint
- 3 ounces vodka
- 6 ounces ginger beer
- 2 lime wedges
- Important note: Before making this cocktail, you have to make your strawberry ice cubes. To do this, add two strawberry slices into the bottom of each ice ball mold along with one or two leaves of fresh mint. Place the top on the mold and press firmly to make sure it’s secure. Using the accompanying funnel, add water, and let your cubes freeze overnight.
- To make the cocktail, add two ice balls into your glass of choice or a copper mug.
- Add vodka, and then top it off with ginger beer.
- Squeeze lime into the drink, stir, and garnish the glass or mug with a fresh strawberry along the rim.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Hungry Fan Pro Tips
Our Arctic Chill Ice Sphere Molds make four ice cubes. So, share this fruity goodness with a friend by doubling the cocktail recipe! They’ll thank you.