The guac is always in season! The creamy dip goes great with tortilla chips, bread, as a spread for burritos, and an excellent “glue” for burgers. This is an excellent choice for those lactose-intolerant guests.
Guacamole is one of the easiest things to make and one of the healthiest items at a tailgate party. Impress your fellow tailgaters with this healthy guacamole recipe.
- 3 avocados
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup diced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 cherry or grape tomatoes, diced (optional)
- Cut around the pit of the avocado and scoop out the “innards”.
- Mix the avocado until smooth
- Add minced shallots and garlic to taste. The shallots will bring out a lot of flavor.
- Add some lemon juice for more flavor
- If you’re feeling especially adventurous, add some ground cayenne pepper and diced tomatoes for an extra zing of flavor.
- Serve, enjoy, watch football.