So…this recipe isn’t exactly light. But I know it’s a favorite of lots and lots of sports fans. I made a riff on this oldie but goodie with the help of my own BBQ blend, which you can now buy on Amazon or in the Hungry Fan Shop. This one’s a cinch: it’s semi-homemade and basically involves a good deal of stirring. Even if you’re not much of a cook, I promise you can make this and it’s pretty tough to mess up! Happy game day!
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken; shredded
- ½-1 cup Hungry Fan® BBQ sauce (recipe on back of Hungry Fan® BBQ Spice Blend pouch)
- 1 tbsp. Hungry Fan® Spice Blend
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Frank’s hot sauce (to taste)
- 1 purple onion, finely diced, for garnish
- Italian parsley, for garnish
- In a Crock Pot, combine all ingredients save for the red onion and parsley. Stir together well.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes. Stir again.
- Cook on high for another 1.5 hours.
- Dip is done when slow cooking is complete. To serve, simply spoon into a serving bowl of your choice, sprinkling with red onion and parsley.
- For extra credit serving, create a custom bowl fashioned out of aluminum foil in the shape of a football. Spoon in dip and bake for another 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve sprinkled with red onions and parsley.