Hummus is a traditional Middle Eastern dish known for it’s positive effects on your health. Healthy protein and fats as well as iron and fiber make this an excellent snack to serve on game day, keeping you in shape to cheer your face off for the duration of the whole day.
- 1 cup cooked and drained garbanzos (or 1 can, rinsed)
- 1 cup chopped carrots, steamed
- ¼ cup tahini
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 to 3 tsp. honey
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
- Place the garbanzos, carrots, tahini, lemon zest, lemon juice, cilantro, honey, and garlic in a blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
- Add salt to taste, and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with sliced vegetables, crackers, or chips for dipping.