This is one of my many homages to the Carolinas, where I have spent a good chunk of my life. It’s pretty hard to travel through North or South Carolina without finding a good pimento cheese dip.
This is my spin on the classic, kicked up a couple notches because that’s how you do for the Super Bowl!
- 1 (4 oz.) jar diced pimentos with juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. pimento pepper juice
- 10 – 12 good shakes Tabasco Sauce, or more to taste
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. Hungry Fan® Barbecue Spice Blend
- 2 tbsp. bacon bits
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: ¼ cup cornbread crumbles*
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all but the cornbread crumbles. Mix well.
- Serve in a ramekin or serving bowl topped with the cornbread crumbles, if using them. Add a side of crackers, tortilla chips, vegetable crudité, or whatever you plan to dip into the cheese mix. Enjoy the big game!
- *Cornbread can be homemade or as simple as using as Jiffy mix in a 9×9” baking dish. Once cooked, crumble parts of the top and sprinkle atop the pimento cheese dip.