Nothing says summer like barbecue, right? Some of you new to our site may not know that we make our own barbecue spice blend here at Hungry Fan®. We came up with it as a super easy way to make delicious game day recipes that your friends will be asking you for for months! This summer, we’ve souped up our BBQ game a bit with this delicious dish made with 1/2 a packet of our blend. It’s crazy tasty and there’s enough in one pouch to make this twice! (And trust us, you’ll wanna…).
- 1 (3-4 pound) fryer chicken
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 1/2 packet (1 ounce) of Hungry Fan Organic BBQ blend
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1-2 lemons, sliced into wedges
- Canola or olive oil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups dry white wine
- Salt & Pepper
- Pat bird dry and then rub with butter and 1/2 packet of Hungry Fan Organic BBQ blend.
- Fill birds cavity with chopped onions and lemons.
- Fill a Dutch oven with just enough oil to cover the bottom evenly. Turn stove top burner to high and sear each side of the fryer bird (approximately 4 minutes per side). Remove from heat.
- Add 50/50 chicken stock & dry white wine to the Dutch oven until 1” of the bird is submerged.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour, flipping the bird once, halfway through.
- Once the chicken is done baking, remove it from the Dutch oven to rest. Then reduce cooking liquid by half in a medium sized skillet, adding a knob of butter for body as needed.
- Plate chicken on a platter, then drizzle the reduced sauce on top. Garnish with a sprinkle of salt, pepper and raw onions. (We also added some lime wedges for good measure).